Monday, February 14, 2011

February Figures




These are some new figures I'm working on, based on French armor in the Hundred Years War.  These figures are mainly sculpted in super sculpy, but I have recently started using epoxy putting.  As far as getting detail on my figures, its stepped up my game a bit.  You can see the arms of the second figure in the foreground.  They are attached toward the end of sculpting.  Rather than making sockets and casting pieces separately, I am now integrating wires from the arms to act as vents for the mold making process.

2 comments:

  1. nice work! i'm currently doing something similar casting 54mm figures in resin

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77384317@N07/6950145971/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tallon,

      Thanks for stopping by. I am very interested to see your sculpting and casting work too but don't have access to your site. Keep it up

      Delete